Friday, December 2, 2016

Mamta Banerjee assassination plot - what the heck !!

Mr Modi, aka our prime minister has tickled an hornet’s nest by trying to check/curb corruption. I am sitting and being bombarded with hundreds of undeserving comments, thoughts and ideas from people of all walks of life. I realised that I too should be part of the discussion in a manner that I can contribute my thoughts, however irrelevant, to an audience - whether a couple of us or more. In doing so I would not like to cross that thin line of sanity that I see others crossing.

I will start this blog with a disclaimer. I am apolitical. I do not belong to any party - be it Congress, BJP or any other regional party. My interest had been and will remain to be the future of this wonderful country to which I belong and intend spending the rest of my life. Perhaps this also gives me privilege to stand back and comment reasonably having no political affiliations. This apolitical stand I have is not something that I have developed overnight but was drilled into my head over my 26 years of military career during training and discipline where the motto I lived by was ‘Service before Self’. I feel that I it has its merits that I reap dividends now listening to all people affiliated and sold out mouthpieces. When I joined army I was told four things that I carry till today - Gentlemen officers of the military do not discuss money, ladies, religion or politics. Today, after I have hung my uniform I feel it is my moral duty to participate in a democracy and a country that I claim my own and as I stand on this moral pedestal - a lot of things are visible clearly without being myself smudged by the slug being thrown about by biased and motivated thinking, speakers and writers.

That being said today the first  thing that comes to my mind is the shouting being done by one of our esteemed leader - Ms Mamta Banerjee, chief minister of West Bengal. She was a passenger - presumably on one Indigo flight from Patna to Kolkatta and due to congestion at the airport the aircraft was told to stay in the hold pattern. Yesterday when I saw the TV her shouting on top of her voice that she was being targeted to be killed or assassinated… the plane was low on fuel and still permission was denied to land and the other blah blah… I was amazed. It is just the amount of hog wash only Politicians and illiterates can spit out. She has really no idea obviously what an airport hold pattern is, what an aircraft delay in a congested air environment means and still the ruckus she can create by shouting and speaking this to uneducated audiences of her is just amazing to me. The airline and the pilots have denied any such events that were so serious that would have led to her being assassinated along with an airplane full of passengers - but then this incident to her mind has afforded such wonderful spotlight to her that I can imagine the glow she would have felt that makes her go on and on without as much stopping to take a deep breath and hear what she is speaking. This is coming from a lady that was known to sit behind a motorcycle and travel to the places well known for maoist insurgency in her state when the state was in a turmoil. She did not fear for her life then but now - a turn of events like demonetisation and a delayed flight can do to her wellbeing. I wonder what hurt her more - demonetisation or the delayed flight.


I hope that she realises what a joke she is making herself especially to those who have an idea as to what aviation is all about and stops this drama. But then perhaps this is what I have missed for past so many years - pure and unadulterated political entertainment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment